Monday, March 9, 2009
Timing
I spent most of Saturday helping one of my good friends replace his timing chain on his pickup. We were pretty much able to put everything back together, eat a yummy Qdoba dinner and jam on Rockband to end the night. The truck sat for a day to let all the sealant to set, then he put the fluids in last night, started it up and found that it was hesitating. He called me up and after thinking about it I remembered that when we put the oil pump back in it had a gear that ran by the crankshaft up to the distributor. I'm thinking the lack of attention on how we put that in is the culprit. But hey, at least we won't have to tear it all down to the timing chain. Pheww!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment